This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Commitment Accounting (CA) Lockout: Effective immediately, the HR/Payroll system will be locked out on each payroll confirm day from 7 p.m.-11 p.m. so a Commitment Accounting process can be run to ensure the correct distribution of payroll actuals. During this “CA lockout,” no new ePARs can be originated or approved, and the link to the ePAR Home Page will be unavailable for both Finance and HR users. This is significantly different from the payroll lockout, when actions can be originated and approved, but are held at the Integration Broker until the lockout is lifted. The CA lockout dates have been added to the HR/Payroll calendars. If you have questions, please contact Dennis Press at email@example.com or 919-962-7007.
- NEW! Retroactive Funding Transfer: Last week, the short-term retro fix, called Retroactive Funding Transfer Application, went live. Read more about its use and where to find it on the homepage of ccinfo.unc.edu. Check with your MOU Lead on specific training plans for your school/division.
- NEW! ePro for Dell: The latest version of Mozilla Firefox (v36) is causing error messages when ordering from Dell. This is due to a delivered security measure in Firefox and needs to be addressed by the vendors. Users should use other browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari) to make eProcurement requisitions for Dell until the vendors can provide a permanent solution, likely in May.
- March Month-End Close Deadline: Journal entries, data collect batches and journal imports should be processed through at least departmental workflow by Friday, March 27, at 5 p.m., in order to ensure the journal will be posted in March. Central Office (OSR, Accounting Services, Financial Reporting and the Budget Office) will ensure journals are posted if received by that date.
- February Month-End Close: Central Offices (OSR, Accounting Services, Financial Reporting and the Budget Office) continue to work on February month-end close.
- Cash Advance Webinar: The procedure for settling a cash advance has been modified. (Campus uses cash advances for things like group travel, gift cards, and study subject payments.) Rather than using a campus voucher to settle an advance, you will now use a campus journal. An Updated Cash Advance Procedure webinar will be held March 24 from 11 a.m. – Noon.
- Year-End Close Prep Webinar: A webinar titled Preparing for Year End Close: Reviewing Open Transactions will discuss how to identify open (unposted) transactions and either delete or process them, in preparation for year-end close. The webinar is scheduled for March 26 from 11 a.m. – Noon.
- Budget Balances and Errors: Friday’s User Group meeting on this topic was recorded and will be posted soon to the ccinfo.unc.edu>User Group page.
- Training Schedule: If you haven’t already done so, check out the training events calendar for March and beyond at ccinfo.unc.edu>Training>Training Schedule. Feel free to sign up for a class if you want a refresher on the topic.
- Consolidated Info from Finance Updates: A table that consolidates information from all Finance daily/weekly updates is now online, organized by topic and searchable on the ccinfo website>Finance tab: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/finance/ .
Users are encouraged to call the Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. While users may have worked with a specific consultant or BA for another issue, any new issues must be submitted via a remedy ticket, not by calling an individual directly. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.