This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance Council, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! January Month-End Close: Central offices have officially closed the month of January. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all January transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- NEW! Campus Vendor Reminder: When adding an Employee or Student in Campus Vendor, you must enter the PID rather than the Tax Identification Number (TIN). When adding a new vendor with the type of “other,” you must enter the TIN for the vendor. This change in procedure arises out of the University’s responsibility to protect TINs (Social Security numbers). You should never have to ask for this information from an Employee or Student to add them as a vendor.
- NEW! CBM/Bill Presentation:
- Just a reminder that MOU Leads can grant CBM access to staff within their school/division as needed.
- Bill Presentation is available based on your Finance access in ConnectCarolina
- Look for information coming soon about additional trainings for CBM.
- NEW! ePro for Airgas and Dell: The latest version of Mozilla Firefox (v36) is causing error messages when ordering from Airgas and Dell. This is due to a delivered security measure in Firefox and needs to be addressed by the vendors. Users should use other browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari) to make eProcurement requisitions for Airgas and Dell until the vendors can provide a permanent solution.
- March Month-End Close Deadline: Journal entries, data collect batches and journal imports should be processed through at least departmental workflow by Friday, March 27, at 5 p.m., in order to ensure the journal will be posted in March. Central Office (OSR, Accounting Services, Financial Reporting and the Budget Office) will ensure journals are posted if received by that date.
- Commitment Accounting Updates: On March 11, a memo was sent to campus groups regarding important Commitment Accounting updates, including: extension of project end dates for multi-year projects, the impacts of these extensions on labor expenses, corrections needed and the combo code effective date fix.
- February Month-End Close: Central Offices (OSR, Accounting Services, Financial Reporting and the Budget Office) continue to work on February month-end close.
- Campus Voucher/Purchasing Tips: Two new guides, Purchasing Top 10 Tips and Campus Voucher Top 10 Tips are now available at ccinfo.unc.edu > Training > Resources Documents.
- User Group Meeting: The March 20 meeting will cover Budget Balances and Errors and will be held in Room G100 in the Genome Sciences Building from 11 a.m. – Noon. Mark your calendars.
- Training Schedule: If you haven’t already done so, check out the training events calendar for March and beyond at ccinfo.unc.edu>Training>Training Schedule. Feel free to sign up for a class if you want a refresher on the topic.
- Updated Cash Advance procedure: The procedure for settling a cash advance has been modified. (Campus uses cash advances for things like group travel, gift cards and study subject payments.) Rather than using a campus voucher to settle an advance, you will now use a campus journal. An Updated Cash Advance Procedure webinar will be held in March. Look for an announcement soon.
- Consolidated Info from Updates: A table that consolidates information from all Finance daily/weekly updates is now online, organized by topic and searchable on the ccinfo website>Finance tab: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/finance/.
Users are encouraged to call the Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. While users may have worked with a specific consultant or BA for another issue, any new issues must be submitted via a remedy ticket, not by calling an individual directly. This is the fastest way to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.