To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: March 5, 2015
EPA Termination Payout Deadline
- For EPA terminations occurring between March 1-31, leave payouts must be entered in TIM by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 20, 2015.
- EPA terminations that will be effective in the current month must be entered in TIM by the published deadline. March timecard entries made in TIM after 5 p.m. on March 20 will not be extracted to Payroll.
- EPA employees that have active EPA Faculty positions in ConnectCarolina (even if they are on a zero base rate) after having had a Non-Faculty position terminated might not have their leave payouts entered in TIM sent to Payroll, since Faculty employees do not receive leave payouts. If you have an employee that could be in this situation, you will need to review the check register and a Payroll Exception Sheet will need to be submitted if the leave payouts do not appear.
Adverse Weather Payback Reminder – DUE March 31!
- IMPORTANT – ALL negative amounts in employees’ Adverse Weather Expired balances MUST be paid back by Tuesday, March 31, 2015. This requires TIM Administrators to identify employees with negative balances in TIM and then process a payback using a payback leave pay code, additional hours worked in a week with leave taken, or docked pay. Please review carefully the email and attachments sent to TIM Administrators in January: https://finance.unc.edu/news/2015/01/08/adverse-weather-policy-changes/.
Upcoming TIM Administrator Training
- Class for New TIM Administrators – The document “New TIM Administrator Class” has information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Training Class for new TIM Administrators. It will be held from -5 p.m. on Thursday, March 12, 2015. This class is mandatory for new TIM Administrators. The link to the training registration website is provided in the linked document.
- Advanced Workshop for TIM Administrators – The document “TIM Administrator Advanced Workshop” has information about the upcoming TIM Administrator Advanced Workshop. The workshop will be held from 1-5 p.m. on Thursday, March 19, 2015. Please note that this course has prerequisites for attendance. Attendees must have completed the New TIM Administrator Training Class and have been serving as a TIM Administrator for at least two months. The link to the training registration website is provided in the linked document.