This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! Budget checking ePARs: Due to issues with the budget checking process, we have removed budget checking completely from the ePAR forms. Approvers will now see a status of “Not budget checked” on any ePARs submitted on or after 2/20/2015. If you experience any problems, please submit a ticket to the Business Systems Help Desk
- NEW! P-Card Reporting: An improvement to P-Card system reporting was made this week to assist campus in the reconciliation process.
The current report from the P-Card system Reports Tab shows the actual chartfield string that was used in the P-Card journal for each item. That means that if the default chartfield string had to be substituted for the one entered by the P-Card reconciler, the default chartfield string will appear in the report. Unfortunately this means the original intended chartfield string is not available. The improvement that has been implemented leaves the original chartfield string in the report. A column has been added to the report that will flag any transaction where the default chartfield string had to be substituted in the journal. This should help campus reconcilers facilitate journals to move costs off the default chartfield string.
- February Month-End Close Deadline: Journal entries, data collect batches and journal imports should be processed through at least departmental workflow by today, Feb. 27, at 5 p.m., in order to ensure the journal will be posted in February. Central Office (OSR, Accounting Services, Financial Reporting and the Budget Office) will ensure journals are posted if received by that date.
- January Month-End Close: Central Offices (OSR, Accounting Services, Financial Reporting and the Budget Office) continue to work on January month-end close.
- Issues/Fixes: The listing of all known issues and fixes in progress has been updated.
- The recording of Monday’s InfoPorte Release 6.3.1 webinar is now available. You can find it on the Reporting page of the ccinfo.unc.edu website. You can also find it on the Resources page under Recorded Webinars.
- Large venue demos: The Reconciling in InfoPorte: Balances, Transactions and Reporting, demos that were cancelled this week due to inclement weather have been rescheduled for March 4, 12:30-2 p.m. and March 5, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Both are in the Hitchcock room at the Stone Center. Choose one to attend; the presentations will be the same. No registration is required.
Users are encouraged to call the Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. While users may have worked with a specific consultant or BA for another issue, any new issues must be submitted via a remedy ticket, not by calling an individual directly. This is the fastest was to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.