This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, ConnectCarolina Finance Liaisons, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- NEW! December Month-End Close: Central offices have officially closed the month of December. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all December transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- NEW! Clarification! Actual Earnings Distribution: A memo was sent on Feb. 11 to notify MOU Leads and Business Managers that some actual earnings for some biweekly and monthly December and January payrolls were not distributed correctly. To clarify, the issue relates to the distribution to the GL only, not the amount paid to employees, nor the direct deposits. More information will be shared as the team continues to work through approaches to correct the errors.
- NEW! February Month-End Close Deadline: Journal entries, data collect batches and journal imports should be processed through at least departmental workflow by Feb. 27, at 5 p.m., in order to ensure the journal will be posted in February. Central Office (OSR, Accounting Services and the Budget Office) will ensure journals are posted if received by that date.
- NEW! Queries for Campus Use: A budget journal query has been added to the list of Queries for Campus Use document. Find this and other resource documents at ccinfo > Training > Resource Document > Finance.
- NEW! Voucher Error Troubleshooting: For users interested in identifying department vouchers that are held up with errors, the Voucher Matching and Error Troubleshooting Query document can help identify the nature of voucher errors and how to resolve them.
- January Month-End Close: Central Offices (OSR, Accounting Services and the Budget Office) continue to work on December month-end close.
- NEW! SSNs: Don’t share Social Security numbers or P-Card numbers when submitting Help tickets. Such sensitive information is not needed.
- User Groups Meeting: The next finance user group meeting will be held on Feb. 20 from 11 am to 12 noon, in Hamilton Hall, Room 100 and it will be webcast. The topic for Friday’s meeting is “Key Financial Concepts.” Details about this and other user group meetings can be found at http://ccinfo.unc.edu/user-groups/. FYI, the inaugural ConnectCarolina user group meeting presentation is available here if you weren’t able to attend.
- NEW! InfoPorte Demos, Webinar and News:
- Webinar: InfoPorte Release 6.3.1, Monday, February 23, 2-3 p.m.
- Large venue demos: Reconciling in InfoPorte: Balances, Transactions and Reporting, have been rescheduled to Feb. 24. There will be two sessions, choose one to attend: 12:30-1:30 p.m., 2:30-3:30 p.m.; Hitchcock Room, Stone Center. One of these will be recorded for those not able to attend. More information and a training calendar can be found on the ccinfo website.
- InfoPorte Reporting Update: You can view the latest ConnectCarolina/InfoPorte reporting newsletter, including a listing of new features, at this link.
Users are encouraged to call the Help Desk when they are unsure who to contact for issue resolution. While users may have worked with a specific consultant or BA for another issue, any new issues must be submitted via a remedy ticket, not by calling an individual directly. This is the fastest was to obtain assistance and allows the project team to be able to track issues to determine the scale of the impact to all users.
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern).
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.