To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: February 19, 2015
First, please review carefully the memo from the HR Office regarding the recent Administrative Absence and Adverse Weather Conditions and policies. Please contact OHR with any policy questions you may have.
- Monday, Feb. 16, until 2 p.m., Adverse Weather Condition I – employees must use their own leave
- Monday, Feb. 16, at 2 p.m. until Tuesday, Feb. 17, at 7 a.m., Adverse Weather Condition II – employees may use ‘Administrative Absence’ for regularly scheduled hours they did not work. Hours worked should be recorded normally in TIM.
NOTE – NO employees, including severe weather employees, may use the Adverse Weather Condition III pay codes during this timeframe.
- Tuesday, Feb. 17, at 7 a.m. until Wednesday, Feb, 18, at 11 a.m., Adverse Weather Condition III – employees may use ‘Adverse Weather III Non ER Emp’ for regularly scheduled hours they did not work. Hours worked should be recorded normally in TIM.
NOTE – Hours worked by a designated SPA severe weather essential employee during the Adverse Weather Condition III timeframe should be recorded normally. Then, the ‘Adverse Weather III ETO ER Emp‘ pay code and the amount of hours worked during the Condition III timeframe only should be added to the timecard. This is to ensure the emergency employee is granted Adverse Weather ETO in TIM. This pay code entry will not pay the employee for hours worked. Please note that ‘Severe Weather Essential’ must be indicated on the employee’s record in ConnectCarolina in order for the employee to be considered an emergency employee in TIM.
For hours not worked by a designated SPA severe weather essential employee, the ‘Adverse Weather III Non ER Emp‘ pay code and an amount should be entered for the hours that were not worked during the Condition III timeframe. This will ensure the employee is paid but does not receive Adverse Weather ETO because they were not working those hours.
- Wednesday, Feb. 18, starting at 11 a.m., Adverse Weather Condition I- employees must use their own leave
Please note the following about ‘Administrative Absence’ and ‘Adverse Weather III Non ER Emp’ Leave:
- ‘Administrative Absence’ and ‘Adverse Weather III Non ER Emp’ hours may not be recorded that are outside of the employee’s regular schedule.
- If any hours were worked by a SPA non-severe weather employee during Adverse Weather Condition II or III timeframes, the times in and out should be entered in the timecard. The hours worked will offset the ‘Administrative Absence’ or ‘Adverse Weather III Non ER Emp’ hours coded in TIM.
- ‘Administrative Absence’ and ‘Adverse Weather III Non ER Emp’ hours are also offset by hours worked during the work week. As with other types of leave, ‘Administrative Absence’ and ‘Adverse Weather III Non ER Emp’ hours cannot be coded if it would result in the total number of hours compensated to an employee in a work week to exceed 40 hours.
Accounting for missed work during Adverse Weather Condition I
- Code available paid time off (Comp Time, Holiday ETO, etc.)
- If approved by the supervisor, the employee may work additional hours that week to make up for the hours missed or the employee will code Vacation or Bonus hours in TIM.
- If there is not sufficient Vacation or Bonus, the supervisor may choose to advance Vacation leave to the employee.
- Otherwise the employee will need to take a Dock in Pay- for SPA Non-Exempt employees, they will not enter anything in TIM for the hours missed and will not be paid for those hours. For SPA Exempt employees, a Dock in Pay action in ConnectCarolina via the Lump Sum ePAR must be processed. Please contact ConnectCarolina for assistance.
- Please refer to the HR Adverse Weather policy for more detailed information, http://hr.unc.edu/for-faculty-staff/adverse-weather/
Adverse Weather Pay Code Selection in TIM
- TIM Administrators have access to all Adverse Weather pay codes in TIM.
- HR has determined to give Managers in TIM access to the Administrative Absence and Adverse Weather Condition III pay codes mentioned in this communication, ‘Administrative Absence’, ‘Adverse Weather III Non ER Emp’, and ‘Adverse Weather III ETO ER Emp’, until Monday, Feb. 23, 2015.
- HR does not permit employees to have access to the Administrative Absence or Adverse Weather pay codes, so it is configured that way in TIM. Please contact the HR department if you have any questions regarding this policy.
- TIM Administrators and Managers must expand the pay code column in the timecard before selecting a pay code to ensure you are selecting the correct one.
- Because temporary employees are not eligible for paid leave, they cannot code adverse weather leave nor be paid for any time not worked.
- The Adverse Weather pay codes in TIM are not used for EPA employees. Please refer to the EPA Non-Faculty Adverse Weather policy, http://hr.unc.edu/policies-procedures-systems/epa-non-faculty-employee-policies/leave/adverse-weather-guidelines-for-epa-non-faculty-employees/.
- Please contact the HR Department with any questions about are policy related. Please contact the ConnectCarolina help desk with assistance ConnectCarolina data or actions. TIM Support provides assistance to TIM Administrators with TIM ‘how-to’ questions only.