This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. We will send updates weekly and as needed.
- November Month-End Close: Central offices officially closed the month of November on Jan. 14. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all November transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- January Month-End Close: Journal entries should be processed through at least departmental workflow by Jan. 28, at 5 p.m., in order to ensure the journal will be posted in January. Central Office (OSR, Accounting Services and the Budget Office) will ensure journals are posted if received by that date.
- Retroactive Funding Swaps: Users can now enter retros on monthly employees with effective dates between 9/1/14 and 9/30/14.
- ACH Notifications: [Clarification] Email notification for ACH vendor payments are live effective Jan. 13. The notifications will NOT be retroactive to previous payments.
- Receiving: [Revised from Jan. 14 update] Following are some tips to help central office serve you better when viewing your scanned copies of ConnectCarolina screens. These instructions are only for W or P orders that were transferred from FRS to ConnectCarolina:
- Users are required to ensure that all scans are fully readable – many of the scanned screen shots are draft quality and are very difficult to read. To ensure that proper receiving is performed, please review the attachment before it is sent.
- If multiple invoices need receiving for the same PO, please include Excel spreadsheet, Word document or a screenshot of the ConnectCarolina Purchase Order page (see attachment)showing the total quantity or amount to receive per line to include:
PO number PO line number Amount or Quantity to receive
- Send only one receiving request per email and ensure the email subject line includes the buyer’s last name (viewable on the Purchase Order) as well as the purchase order number involved (example, Sillman for W100100). Also ensure that the body of the email includes your complete name and phone number in case we need to contact you.
- Send emails to email@example.com only, do not copy or blind copy buyers or send a separate email for receiving.
- Please do not include invoice copies as attachments.
- Encumbrances: Look for a stand-alone communication about this topic in the next few days.
- December Month-End Close: Central Offices (OSR, Accounting Services and the Budget Office) continue to work on December month-end close.
- Commitment Accounting: Remember that a Quick Reference Card, Working with Budget Errors and Warnings, addresses fixing common budget errors and warnings when working with ePAR forms. Find it on the Resources page.
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Due to the reduced volume of calls after 5 p.m., the hours of the BSHD are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.