This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. Beginning this week, we will move to a reduced schedule for the update emails. We will send updates twice per week and as needed.
- New! Campus Voucher:
- Due to concerns from users, Campus Vouchers will no longer automatically submit into workflow beginning today, Dec. 18. This means if you save a voucher with valid values, but aren’t yet ready to submit it for approval, it will no longer be auto-submitted into workflow. This process change will also require users to physically click the pushbutton to submit vouchers when ready. This Submit for Approval pushbutton appears after the voucher is budget checked to a Valid Status.
- If a user puts in a VALID string and gets an automated VALID budget check, the expense has logged to Commitment Control (KK). If the chartfield string is updated prior to submittal into workflow, budget check will need to be run again and it will replace the first KK entries and record the new entry.
- New! Vendors: An employee vendor will not be usable in Web Travel until two days after the vendor is initially established. This is because there are two overnight steps to move the vendor banking information from Payroll to Web Travel.
- New! Payroll Check Registers: Check registers in InfoPorte for M06 preliminary and B12 final are available.
- New! University Deposits:
- There has been a change in the business process which simplifies the Online Deposit process. The depositor will no longer be required to budget check each payment. Instead all the payments included in each deposit will be budget checked in batch overnight after the deposit has been approved and reconciled by the Cashier Approver. You will no longer see the “Budget Check” icon after you have clicked on “Complete/Apply.”
- December deposits must be received by 11 a.m., Jan. 2, 2015, to be processed for December dates.
- New! Travel Processes: The Web Travel user manual and the below related Travel policies and procedures have been updated as indicated in the communication sent Dec. 11 to clarify travel processes such as advance, reimbursement and authorization.
- Procedure 1301.1, Reimbursing University Affiliates Travel
- Policy 1303, Authorization for University Travel
- Procedure 1304.1, Requesting a Travel Advance
- Procedure 1304.2, Purchasing an Airfare Ticket
- Procedure 1306.1, Paying for Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- Procedure 1308.1, Reimbursing Travel Expenses
- Policy 1309, Registration Fees
- New! Customer Billing Management (CBM): Reminder that help documents are available in each page in CBM. When a user clicks “Help Document for…,” a detailed step-by-step guide can be viewed. A change took place last night to make this “Help Document” easier to view.
- New! InfoPorte: The InfoPorte link on the ConnectCarolina homepage (portal) has been moved to a folder titled “Enterprise Reporting.” Users should click that folder to access InfoPorte.
- October Month-End Close: Central offices officially closed the month of October on Dec. 17. This includes the transmission and reconciliation of all October transactions, and state approval to close the month.
- November Month-End Close: Central Offices (OSR, Accounting Services and the Budget Office) continue to work on November month-end close.
- December Month-End Close: Journal entries should be processed through at least departmental workflow by Friday, Dec. 19, at 5 p.m., in order to ensure the journal will be posted in December. Central Office (OSR, Accounting Services and the Budget Office) will ensure journals are posted if received by that date.
- Vendor Guidelines: As a follow up to user requests, Guidelines for Vendor Documentation have been created provide requirements for establishing varying types of vendors. The following documents have also been created and/or updated and are viewable on the Finance Policies and Procedures Manual:
- New! TIM: Earlier today, a reminder was sent to TIM Administrators regarding the SPA Biweekly 13 (12/15–12/28) Sign-Off Deadline. As previously communicated, the biweekly payroll close schedule for Biweekly 13 has been changed. The early sign off deadline is because of the short pay period close timeframe due to the holidays on Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
Biweekly 13 (12/15 – 12/28) must be signed off by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, December 29th. Sign off removal requests must be received by 4 p.m. that day.
- New! ConnectCarolina Outage: There will be an outage of ConnectCarolina on Saturday, Dec. 20, from 6 a.m. to approx. 9 a.m. for critical maintenance work.
- Airgas Holiday Schedule: Airgas/National Welders will be closed only on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. During this time no scheduled deliveries will be made. Dry ice will be delivered on Monday, Dec. 22, Wednesday, Dec. 24 and Wednesday, Dec. 31.
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.