This Finance Division Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division. Beginning this week, we will move to a reduced schedule for the update emails. We will send updates twice per week and as needed.
- New! December Month-End Close: Journal entries should be processed through at least departmental workflow by Friday, Dec. 19, at 5 p.m., in order to ensure the journal will be posted in December. Central Office (OSR, Accounting Services and the Budget Office) will ensure journals are posted if received by that date.
- New! Vendor Guidelines: As a follow up to user requests, Guidelines for Vendor Documentation have been created provide requirements for establishing varying types of vendors. The following documents have also been created and/or updated and are viewable on the Finance Policies and Procedures Manual:
- New! Campus Voucher: Due to concerns from users, Campus Vouchers will no longer automatically submit into workflow beginning Thursday, Dec. 18. This means if you save a voucher with valid values that you want to finish later it will no longer be auto submitted into workflow. This process change will also require users to physically click the pushbutton to submit vouchers when ready. This Submit for Approval pushbutton appears after the voucher is budget checked to a Valid Status. Please see attached screenshot for the location of the pushbutton.
- New! Attribute Query: Users need to review their chartfield attribute value assignments for accuracy and completeness. Here’s how:
Use Query: NC_GL_ATTRIBUTE_LIST
- SetID: either UNCCH or UNCGA
- Field Name: must use one of these 4 values (ACCOUNT, FUND_CODE, CLASS_FLD, DEPTID)
- Attribute: can enter specific attribute or % to see all
- Chartfield: can enter specific chartfield or % to see all
- New! Grad Students: A memo sent yesterday from the Graduate School provided information about job codes in ConnectCarolina HR and tuition award eligibility.
- Airgas Holiday Schedule: Airgas/National Welder’s will be closed only on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. During this time no scheduled deliveries will be made. Dry ice will be delivered on Monday, Dec. 22, Wednesday, Dec. 24 and Wednesday, Dec. 31.
- GradStar: There is one final GradStar walk-in clinic, viewable via the training schedule. These sessions are a great opportunity for you to get informal, one-on-one assistance with GradStar award entry, if needed, and are not full training classes. No registration required. The remaining clinic is being held December 17, from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon, in the AOB Finance Training room (3101).
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.