This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- B09 Payroll Journals: As a follow up to the info shared last week, payroll journals for B09 have posted. Payroll actuals and liquidated encumbrances for B09 are available.
- University Deposits: The following are some upcoming deadlines:
- The deadline for delivering November dated cash/check deposits to the University Cashier in SASB North is 10 a.m. Monday, Dec. 1. Effective Dec. 2, we will begin processing cash/check deposits with December accounting dates only.
- The deadline for submitting November accounting date electronic deposits into the deposit system is 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 2, so that we can process them for posting to the GL.
- October Month-End Close: Many of you have asked about October’s month-end close process. As in the legacy system, we send a month-end close file to the State for approval before we officially close the month. Subsystems and GL are closed and Accounting Services is not actively processing anything else. We are still working through the process of sending the file to the State for approval and we will announce the close once we have received the State approval.
- November Month-End Close: Journal entries should be processed through at least departmental workflow by 5 p.m. today in order to ensure the journal will be posted in November. Central Office (OSR, Accounting Services and the Budget Office) will ensure journals are posted if received by 5 p.m. today.
- ARP: The ARP data entry period begins today! Revised ARP data entry instructions were sent to campus groups including MOU Leads on Saturday, Nov. 22. Please make sure you use the new instructions. Following are some tips from today’s 11:30 a.m. ARP call:
- For employees receiving ARP who have future-dated funding grids: Apply the increase to all future-dated grids but don’t change dates. If you don’t know the funding sources, apply the increase to suspense.
- On the Lump Sum ePAR, the entry for “Originating Department” should be the department entering the lump sum payment.
- One user reported an error message: “Funding end date cannot be greater than fiscal year end date.” If this is a cost share chartfield string, delete the funding end date.
- There is no required order for the various actions. For example, users don’t need to do the job change and see it execute before entering the lump sum action. They do not affect each other.
- To print actions for internal review, try increasing the zoom in the browser to print a larger size. In IE, enlarging the screen zoom will enlarge the print job; in Firefox, you can change the print size in the print preview screen.
- Journal Entries: As a follow up to one of last week’s issues, a fix was put into place this weekend so users can make correcting journal entries on converted data.
- NEW! Queries Webinar: A set of queries has been created for campus to use in monitoring the status of their department’s transactions. A webinar on how to best use these queries is scheduled for Wednesday, December 3, from 11:00 a.m.-noon.
- ARP Assistance: We are holding optional daily calls at 11:30 a.m. beginning today strictly for ARP questions and assistance. The School/Division TIPs have the dial-in information. The calls are open to anyone who may have questions about ARP.
We are also planning several walk-in opportunities for users to get assistance with ARP actions if needed. Please take note of the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, Nov. 25: 1:30-3 p.m., ITS Manning Room 2400
- Monday, Dec. 1: 1:30-3 p.m., ITS Manning Room 2400
- Tuesday, Dec. 2: 1:30-3 p.m., ITS Manning Room 2400
- Wednesday, Dec. 3: 10:30-noon, ITS Manning Room 2400
- Airgas Holiday Schedule: Airgas National Welders will be closed Thursday, Nov. 27 – Friday, Nov. 28 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. During this time no scheduled deliveries will be made. Dry ice will be delivered on Monday, Nov. 24 and Wednesday, Nov. 26.
- CBM Demo: A Customer Billing Management (CBM) System and Bill Presentation Demo will take place Tuesday, December 9 from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. in Toy Lounge, Dey Hall.
- NEW! ViewStar: ViewStar will be decommissioned at 5 p.m. Dec. 10, 2014. When ViewStar is shut down the following legacy systems will no longer have access to attachments/images: ePro 8.9 Small Order Process, Web Travel, Web Vendor, Account Request, Check Request, and InDepth.
- If there are any documents created in Account Request that you need copies of, you should access them and print them before 5 p.m. on Dec. 10, 2014. All the images in ViewStar have been migrated to ImageNow and are accessible in the Central Offices. We are working on defining processes.
- In the meantime, users can access legacy account request/fund authority information by selecting the Finance Central link at the top right of the Finance Division homepage. From there, users should sign in and go to their Inbox. Then users should select Search UNC and then Account Request. Search by the old Department Number to view the requests.
- Clarification: The above tip only applies to Account Requests/Fund Authorities that were originally created in the Account Request system which was deployed in 2007. Anything prior to that date is not affected by the decommissioning of ViewStar.
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.