This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- October Month-End Close: Many of you have asked about October’s month-end close process. As in the legacy system, we send a month-end close file to the State for approval before we officially close the month. Subsystems and GL are closed and Accounting Services is not actively processing anything else. We are still working through the process of sending the file to the State for approval and we will announce the close once we have received the State approval.
- November Month-End Close: Journal entries should be processed through at least departmental workflow by Monday, Nov. 24 at 5 p.m., in order to ensure the journal will be posted in November. Central Office (OSR, Accounting Services and the Budget Office) will ensure journals are posted if received by that date.
- ARP: An updated version of the detailed ARP instructions will be sent out before the ARP data entry period begins on Monday. As you prepare for the ARP data entry period, here are some recommendations:
- There will be a minimum of two transactions for every EPA employee who is getting an increase through the ARP; plan for approximately 15 minutes per transaction (for complex transactions involving many funding sources, it could take much longer – but this is an estimate for planning purposes).
- Start early; do not wait to begin data entry.
- Make sure you validate your data entry and check for errors and typos. Remember that workflow has been removed on ARP actions, so as soon as the action is entered, it will write to the system. Therefore, any changes after the action is entered will be difficult and time-consuming to address.
- Associated Revenue: We received a question during today’s TIP meeting about associated revenue. To see if a chartfield string is set up for Associated Revenue, navigate here, and search by Source:
- Finance > Commitment Control > Define Control Budgets > Associated Budgets
- Select TRUST_REV Ledger Group, then click search
- Click on the Find button to try to find your Source.
- After that step is completed, we can talk about if your budget is in the correct place.
- NEW! ARP Assistance: We will have an optional daily call at 11:30 a.m. beginning Monday, Nov. 24, strictly for ARP questions and assistance. The School/Division TIPs have the dial-in information. The calls are open to anyone who may have questions about ARP.
We are also planning several walk-in opportunities for users to get assistance with ARP actions if needed. Please take note of the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, Nov. 25: 1:30-3 p.m., ITS Manning Room 2400
- Monday, Dec. 1: 1:30-3 p.m., ITS Manning Room 2400
- Tuesday, Dec. 2: 1:30-3 p.m., ITS Manning Room 2400
- Wednesday, Dec. 3: 10:30-noon, ITS Manning Room 2400
- NEW! CBM Demo: A Customer Billing Management (CBM) System and Bill Presentation Demo will take place Tuesday, December 9 from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. in Toy Lounge, Dey Hall.
- Airgas Holiday Schedule: Airgas National Welders will be closed Thursday, Nov. 27 – Friday, Nov. 28 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. During this time no scheduled deliveries will be made. Dry ice will be delivered on Monday, Nov. 24 and Wednesday, Nov. 26.
- ViewStar: ViewStar will be decommissioned at 5 p.m. Dec. 10, 2014. When ViewStar is shut down the following legacy systems will no longer have access to attachments/images: ePro 8.9 Small Order Process, Web Travel, Web Vendor, Account Request, Check Request, and InDEPTh. If there are any documents you know you need copies of, you should access them and print them before 5 p.m. on Dec. 10, 2014. All the images in ViewStar have been migrated to ImageNow and are accessible in the Central Offices. We are working on defining processes.
- In the meantime: Users can access legacy account fund authority information by selecting the Finance Central link at the top right of the Finance Division homepage. From there, users should sign in and go to their Inbox. Then users should select Search UNC and then Account Request. Search by the old Department Number to view the requests, including fund authority.
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.