This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- Legacy Account Fund Authority Lookup: We received a question about legacy fund create from Friday’s TIP meeting. Users can access legacy account fund authority information by selecting the Finance Central link at the top right of the Finance Division homepage. From there, users should sign in and go to their Inbox. Then users should select Search UNC and then Account Request. Search by the old Department Number to view the requests, including fund authority.
- Payroll Journals for B09: The payroll journals for B09 did not post as planned. We will announce when payroll actuals for B09 and liquidated encumbrances for B09 will be available.
- Customer Billing Management (CBM): All billing areas using the CBM Department Default have their transactions available for customer review. Customers have through Friday, Nov. 21, to modify transactions. Any transactions sent by billing areas to CBM after Nov. 15, will have a ConnectCarolina process date of Dec 22.
Several enhancements have been made to the CBM – Modify Charges screen:
- A column, “Send to CC,” has been added to provide the date a transaction is scheduled to import to ConnectCarolina for processing.
- Customers can now create and download a report of all their transactions available in CBM.
- A “View Source Description” button was added to provide the full name of the billing area for each of the sources. (Example: SSC = Student Stores)
- New! Receiving and Purchasing Large Venue Demo – Part II: Another large venue demo on receiving and purchasing inquiries will take place Thursday, Nov. 20 from 2 to 3 p.m. in Toy Lounge, Dey Hall. The demo will focus on the step-by-step procedures for receiving orders. It will also cover PO and payment inquiries.
- Reporting Newsletter: Sign up to receive the Reporting newsletter and view newsletter archives on this page: http://ccinfo.unc.edu/reporting/.
- Tips for Purchasing & Receiving: Just a reminder that the Purchasing & Receiving: Useful Info resource document that was distributed at the Nov. 5th Purchasing Inquiries and Receiving Tips Demo is available on the Resource Documents webpage of the ccinfo.unc.edu website.
- Early TIM Deadlines Reminder: Last week, a reminder was sent to TIM Administrators regarding early upcoming TIM deadlines:
- Biweekly 10 (11/3 – 11/16) Sign-Off Deadline:
- Biweekly 10 must be signed off by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 17. Sign off removal requests must be received by 4:00 p.m. that day.
- Payroll will sign off any timecards that have not been signed off by the deadline.
- November EPA Termination Payouts Deadline:
For EPA terminations occurring between Nov. 1 and Nov. 30, leave payouts must be entered in TIM by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 18.
- Airgas Holiday Schedule: Airgas National Welders will be closed Thursday, Nov. 27 – Friday, Nov. 28 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. During this time no scheduled deliveries will be made. Dry ice will be delivered on Monday, Nov. 24 and Wednesday, Nov. 26.
- System Availability: ePro 9.1 is available 24/7. ConnectCarolina Finance is available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; and from 7 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday; with a maintenance outage window Sunday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Full 24-hour access is expected to be restored in November.
All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.