This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- WebFOCUS Reports: We have restored WebFOCUS access for legacy finance data.
- Month-End Close: We are still working through the first month-end close in ConnectCarolina for October 2014. We will let you know when that has been completed.
- Independent Contractors in Campus Vendor: Going forward, there are no restrictions on the timing of when an approved Independent Contractor vendor can be added through Campus Vendor. Even if the start date is in the future, once you get the approved form, feel free to enter the individual as a Campus Vendor.
- P-Card reconciliation: If you had OSR chartfield strings with budget errors that you reconciled to a P-Card charge, these charges would have automatically hit your default account due to the budget error. A journal entry is needed to correct the charged account.
- Purchasing Inquiries and Receiving Tips Demo: Find out how to see if a requisition has been approved, where to find the purchase order, how to see payments and more. Plan to attend a Purchasing Inquiries and Receiving Tips Large Venue Demo on Thursday, Nov. 6, from 2:30-3:30 p.m. in the Stone Center’s Hitchcock Room. No registration is required.
- Reconciliation Demos: How will you reconcile? Without an FRS account, what will you reconcile? Find out during two Reconciliation Large Venue Demos planned for Wednesday, Nov. 19 in Coker Hall, Room 201. The first demo will take place from 1-2 p.m.; the second from 2:30-3:30 p.m. No registration is required.
- Procurement: Please direct all calls for business process-related issues to Procurement Support at 919-962-3722. For technical issues, please continue to utilize the Help Desk.
- System Availability: ePro 9.1 is available 24/7. ConnectCarolina Finance is available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; and from 7 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday; with a maintenance outage window Sunday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Full 24-hour access is expected to be restored in November.
Resources and Documentation
The Resource Documents webpage provides quick access to student guides, 101 documents and recorded webinars.
Functional: Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Technical: All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.