This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- Finding the fund and source that should be used with OSR project IDs: OSR has received several questions regarding how to find the fund and source that should be used when initiating a transaction using a project ID. The fund and source values have been added to the RAMSeS new project ID notification email that is generated when a new project ID is created. In addition, the fund and source can be located on the budget when viewing the budget overview in ConnectCarolina and in InfoPorte.
- Viewing OSR budgets with cost share: When viewing budget and actuals in ConnectCarolina and InfoPorte for a project ID that has a cost share, please note searching on the project ID only will return budget and actuals including cost share. To view budget and actuals for the non-cost share portion, you will need to search by project ID and source together.
- Voucher: Accounting Services ran the AP Voucher roll forward process earlier today.
- Receiving: We are planning a Receiving Large Venue Demo for Thursday. Look for an announcement soon!
- Web Travel: Scheduled service maintenance will be performed on Web Travel beginning at 5:45 p.m. today with a planned ending at 6 p.m.
- Commitment Accounting: A new Quick Reference Card, Working with Budget Errors and Warnings, addresses fixing common budget errors and warnings when working with ePar forms. Find it on the Resources page of the ccinfo site.
- Budget Check when Submitting Requisitions: In Friday’s Daily Update, we shared that we have received tickets from users who stated they were unable to submit orders and were unaware of a new requirement to check the budget before submitting a requisition in ePro Vendor Catalog. The submit buttons will be available once the requisition has a valid budget. To further clarify, this requirement is for all requisitions, not only Vendor Catalog.
- System Availability: ePro 9.1 is available 24/7. ConnectCarolina Finance is available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; and from 7 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday; with a maintenance outage window Sunday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Full 24-hour access is expected to be restored in November.
Resources and Documentation
The Resource Documents webpage provides quick access to student guides, 101 documents and recorded webinars.
Functional: Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Technical: All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.