This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
TIP calls/meetings: Starting this week, we will not hold our 4 p.m. TIP calls on Tuesday or Thursday. We will still have the calls on Monday and Wednesday, and the TIP face-to-face meetings on Friday. This Friday’s meeting will be held at at Toy Lounge (Dey Hall).
- Vouchers: A new Quick Reference Card, Closing Vouchers, is now on the Resources page of ccinfo.unc.edu.
- Deleting Documents: Please do not delete any documents you see in ConnectCarollina Finance that have a “Date/Time Added” prior to Oct. 1, 2014.
- Departmental Suspense Revisited: A prior memo sent on Oct. 13 regarding Departmental Suspense explains the different types of departmental default/suspense. After hearing a new question from campus this week, we now see a need to go into further detail about why transactions post to suspense. A memo was sent today to several campus groups with this detail and can be found here.
- Biweekly 08: We have identified a minor error with the B08 pay for many SPA exempt employees. This error resulted in these employees being underpaid by up to $20. We have identified these employees and have sent them individual communications today to alert them to the problem before the paystubs are issued. We recommend close review of the B08 check register as well. (Note that the net pay may actually look larger on this paycheck because this is the third paycheck of the month so it does not include many of the regular deductions.)
- Monthly 04: Since this is the first monthly payroll in ConnectCarolina, you may want to remind your EPA employees about paystub changes and how to access their paystubs.
- Web Travel: There have been some questions asking why the “Check Number” shown in Web Travel is not consistent with the number shown on the Voucher page in ConnectCarolina. These are two different data elements and should not be compared to one another. The number shown in Web Travel is the check number used for payment if a check was issued, or the ACH payment reference number (essentially a check number for an ACH) if the payment was made via ACH. The number seen on the ConnectCarolina Voucher page for an ACH is simply a payment reference generated in ConnectCarolina for ACHs. Users should refer to the reference provided in Web Travel.
- Procurement: A Procurement Update was sent earlier today to MOU Leads, Business Managers and ConnectCarolina Finance Stakeholders. The update can be found on the Finance Division homepage.
- System Availability: ePro 9.1 is available 24/7. ConnectCarolina Finance is available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; and from 7 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday; with a maintenance outage window Sunday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Full 24 hour access is expected to be restored in November.
Resources and Documentation
The Resource Documents webpage provides quick access to student guides, 101 documents and recorded webinars.
Functional: Functional or business process questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Technical: All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.