This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed through the go-live and immediate post-go-live periods. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- Customer Billing Management (CBM): To follow up on a few questions from Thursday’s TIP call, here are some answers:
- Voucher approval: Voucher images for Carolina Inn and Rizzo Center have to receive departmental approval because they are not part of UNC-CH and are considered an external organization. As such, they are prevented by internal controls from billing without a PO or approval on the invoice.
- All billing areas including Carolina Inn that are using CBM are due to have their transactions in CBM by the 15th of each month if they are to be billed in the current month. Customers then have through the 21st to make changes. On the 22nd of the month, these transactions are sent to ConnectCarolina as either an accounts payable import file (Carolina Inn and Rizzo) or journal entry import file (all other billing areas).
- Purchase Requisitions: We are removing the campus user’s ability to “Save & Submit” purchase requisitions unless the budget status equals VALID. This change is planned for tonight and is for both Vendor Catalog purchase requisitions and Non-Vendor Catalog purchase requisitions. Departments will not be able to approve purchase requisitions with budget errors.
- Month-End Close for GL: We know there are still questions about month-end close processes. Business owners are meeting early next week and we will share more details with you after that meeting.
- MOU Leads and Business Managers Training Courses: The “Managing in ConnectCarolina for MOU Leads” classes begin next week. We need to push out the first few Business Managers classes. We realized it would be best to complete the MOU Leads class first and get feedback, and then begin the Business Managers training. We are booking facilities, and will be in touch as soon as we can about new dates. We will also contact those who are already signed up for the classes we need to cancel about getting signed up for a different date.
- System Availability: ePro 9.1 is available 24/7. ConnectCarolina Finance is available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; and from 7 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday; with a maintenance outage window Sunday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Full 24 hour access is expected to be restored in November.
Resources and Documentation
The Resource Documents webpage provides quick access to student guides, 101 documents and recorded webinars.
Functional: Functional, business process or other general questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Technical: All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.