This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed through the go-live and immediate post-go-live periods. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- Cash Management Central System (CMCS) and Dual Employment: We received several questions about CMCS processing in ConnectCarolina. A memo was sent yesterday to business managers and MOU Leads regarding Dual Employment Payment Request Form changes and new State Treasurer Payment Request Form.
- Web Travel: There is a known problem in Web Travel where preparers trying to arrange airfare, or processing a Travel Authorization for a conference pre-payment or a travel cash advance, are being stopped if the traveler does not have ACH set up in their Vendor record. ACH is not really required in these situations and a change is in process to remove that restriction. We expect to deploy that fix either tonight or Friday evening.
- Campus Vendor: Some users might have noticed some Independent Contractor (IC) forms with dates in the past. When the user tried to add an IC as a campus vendor, he/she received an error that instructed the user to check the start and end dates.
- Stop using workaround: Some users were advised to put an end date of June 30, 2015, as a workaround. Others of you were using a workaround of entering the IC as an Outside Party under Other. Please discontinue both practices.
- Fix completed: A fix went in last night that will allow you to successfully add your approved IC vendor using campus vendor. We removed the code that checks the service end date. Please go back to entering the true start and end dates of service for the IC. Every user with a ticket about this issue will get personal email letting them know that they can update the IC information in Campus Vendor.
- Creating Receipts: On Sept. 28, we communicated to Finance TIPs and Trainers about a security change which meant the user would need to handle receipts using a different page than was taught in class. We are getting some questions about this change and want to share the basics again. The good news is it’s simpler the new way. The basic steps and rules for receiving are the same, but the menu path is different and the page looks a little different. A Receiving Changes guide providing an overview of the changes was shared and can be found on the Resource Documents webpage on ccinfo.unc.edu. The Purchase Requisition and Receiving Student Guide also was updated with the changes. Please share the changes document and student guide as needed in your school/department.
- Month-End Close for GL: As of the second day of month-end close, i. e., Nov. 2 for October month-end close, any campus GL journal entries that are in edit error, budget error or have not been approved through workflow will have to be deleted by Accounting Services. Campus users should now be aware that they now have the ability to delete GL journal entries that are not posted. It is the campus user’s responsibility to make sure journal entries are edited, budget-checked and approved through workflow. The date on journal entries cannot be changed and month-end close cannot take place with un-posted journal entries.
System Availability: ePro 9.1 is available 24/7. ConnectCarolina Finance is available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; and from 7 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday; with a maintenance outage window Sunday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Full 24 hour access is expected to be restored in November.
Resources and Documentation
The Resource Documents webpage provides quick access to student guides, 101 documents and recorded webinars.
Functional: Functional, business process or other general questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Technical: All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to email@example.com.