This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed through the go-live and immediate post-go-live periods. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- Vouchers: Tips on creating and viewing voucher status are below.
- Voucher Status: We now have a quick reference for Viewing Voucher Statuses available on ccinfo.unc.edu. Included are steps to view the status of any type of voucher, including campus vouchers or purchase order vouchers.
- Voucher Create: Users should enter comments for Disbursement Services on the screen where they “Submit for Approval” when creating a voucher. In this comments space, users can tell Disbursement Services any needed info, similar to the “Special Instructions for AP” check box in the Check Request system. This will allow Disbursement Services to see the comments in approval workflow.
- Month-End Close for GL: Remember that as of the second day of month-end close, i. e., Nov. 2 for October month-end close, any campus GL journal entries that are in edit error, budget error or have not been approved through workflow will have to be deleted by Accounting Services. Campus users should now be aware that they now have the ability to delete GL journal entries that are not posted. It is the campus user’s responsibility to make sure journal entries are edited, budget-checked and approved through workflow. The date on journal entries cannot be changed and month-end close cannot take place with un-posted journal entries.
- OSR Budgets: OSR budget issues have been fixed.
- P-Card Access: Remember that P-Cards are now associated with the home department of the card holder, not the Onyen account as in the legacy P-Card system. If you are having difficulty finding a P-Card for which you are reconciler or operator, you will need to request access to the home department of the card holder. The P-Card Officer, Hua Shen, is out of the office until early November. In the interim period, as a temporary measure, users can submit a Remedy ticket to the ConnectCarolina-Finance-Business Systems Help Desk and they will route the ticket appropriately.
- System Availability: ePro 9.1 is available 24/7. ConnectCarolina Finance is available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; and from 7 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday; with a maintenance outage window Sunday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Full 24 hour access is expected to be restored in November.
Resources and Documentation
The Resource Documents webpage provides quick access to student guides, 101 documents and recorded webinars.
Functional: Functional, business process or other general questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Technical: All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.