To: TIM Administrators
From: TIM Support
Date: October 20, 2014
Please read below for information about the Biweekly 08 sign-off deadline extension, TIM Account Codes, EPA termination payouts and terminated employees.
Biweekly 08 Sign-Off Extended Deadline
You will have an extended time to process Biweekly 08. We will need to remove sign-offs of Biweekly 08 timecards on Monday, Oct. 20, and Tuesday, Oct. 21, for the TIM imports. Therefore, the Biweekly 08 sign off deadline has been moved to 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 22.
You may sign off Biweekly 08 timecards in TIM, however, we will be removing them on Monday evening and Tuesday during the day to run the TIM Imports.
Because the deadline has been moved, you may not be available to sign off timecards on Wednesday morning. Therefore, a final sign-off will be applied by Payroll at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 22, to any Biweekly 08 timecards that have not been signed off.
PLEASE NOTE – TIM requirements to ensure timely payment have NOT changed. To ensure timely payment, you must hire employees successfully in the HR system within the pay period in which they start work. We cannot guarantee timely payment to employees hired in the HR system after the biweekly pay period has ended. You will likely need to enter REG ADJ historical edits in the current pay period in TIM for those employees.
TIM Account Codes
Representatives were identified by the Financial Major Organizational Unit (MOU) Leads who will be responsible for setting up new TIM Account Codes in ConnectCarolina, only if needed by the School/Division. The new TIM Account Codes will be used in TIM instead of the old FRS account numbers when needed to charge hours worked to an account/chartfield that is not the employee’s source account/chartfield.
- Account transfers are not needed for the source accounts tied to positions. Source accounts do not need to be assigned to hours in TIM.
- If your department has not been moving hours worked to an account number in TIM, you do not need to set up TIM Account Codes in ConnectCarolina.
- If you need to transfer hours to a secondary position in TIM, you do not need to set up a TIM Account Code for that purpose.
We let the representatives know that the new TIM Account Codes will need to be used in Biweekly 08 (10/6–10/19) in TIM. Due to the serious issues created in ConnectCarolina Payroll by old FRS account transfers, FRS accounts will be removed from timecards in TIM before the Biweekly 08 extract is run. FRS Account will be deactivated in TIM this week.
If there are hours that were not transferred to a new TIM Account Code in TIM before sign off, there is a process, “funding swap,” that may be performed in ConnectCarolina after the fact to charge hours to an account/chartfield that is not the employee’s source account/chartfield. Please consult with your School/Division Business Officer or Financial Representative for assistance.
EPA Termination Payouts
We have been notified that the EPA termination payouts entered in TIM from Sept. 18 to Oct. 31 will be extracted from TIM at 5 p.m. on Oct. 23 and paid to EPA employees in their October paycheck.
Sept. 18 is being used as the beginning date of the date range since it is right after the cutoff date from legacy. If you entered a payout in the legacy system, you do not need to enter the payout in TIM. You should however remove their accrual balances.
- Applied Termination hours entered directly in the timecard in TIM from 9/18-10/31,will be extracted automatically to ConnectCarolina for payout. If you do not need to payout hours during that date range because you did it in the legacy system for example, you must remove the entries from the timecard and enter historical edits in TIM instead.
- After Oct. 23, entries made in timecards from 9/18–10/31 in TIM will not be extracted on a later date. The next extract will run in late November and will only extract hours entered in timecards from 11/1-11/30. Entries made on dates in previous months will not be extracted after the October run.
- Please review ALL employees’ timecards in TIM who terminated effective between 9/18–10/31. You should enter the Applied Termination pay codes in the timecard for hours that need to be paid out and you must make sure that you entered Historical Edits and checked ONLY the Impacts Accruals box for hours that need to be removed from TIM but not paid out to the employee.
- After entering the payouts in the timecard, you only need to remove accrual balances that still have hours in them.
Two 10-minute “Performing a Termination” snippets have been posted online that will walk you through each step: https://finance.unc.edu/services/training/. *TIM Administrators are required to review both snippets before processing a termination in TIM.
Detailed instructions are included in Appendix E, “Performing a Termination,” on pages 177 and 181 in the TIM Administrator Manual Part 2, located here: https://finance.unc.edu/services/training/.
Some terminated employees are still appearing as active in TIM. This will be corrected in TIM this week.