This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed through the go-live and immediate post-go-live periods. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- Paystubs for Biweekly 07: We understand that some employees are still seeing incorrect information – in particular, leave balances and deductions – on their biweekly paystubs today. If employees report paystub problems to you, please have them submit a Remedy ticket so that the project team can track these occurrences and make appropriate corrections. Also, we are working to get a direct hyperlink to the ConnectCarolina portal in the next paystub notification.
- Expenses and Budgets: Posting of BW07 actuals is complete. Sept. actuals conversion is complete. Reload of missing June 2014 State actuals is complete. Sept. budgets including state budgets, trust, and F&A will be completed by this weekend. Sept. OSR budgets are complete.
- Missing invoice attachments: Users have reported “missing” attachments to invoices after submission. We have corrected an issue with the need to re-submit the invoice when the invoice number is corrected by the campus user or Accounts Payable.
- Customer Billing Management (CBM):
- CBM customers may have noticed duplicate FedEx entries when selecting a chartfield string to pay for a charge. The project team is cleaning up these duplicates today. The duplicate charges from FedEx will not be loaded into ConnectCarolina.
- We are also aware that the FedEx account listed in Description is incorrect, this will be corrected in future FedEx transactions.
- System kick-outs: We are receiving some reports of users being “kicked out” of different systems. If users experience getting kicked out of any system, they should submit a ticket with the time, what they were doing when it occurred, and on what page/system they land.
- Vendor Invoice Submission Page (VISP): VISP is used for submitting invoices against Purchase Orders. A new quick guide to Using the Vendor Invoice Submission Page (VISP) is now posted on the ccinfo.unc.edu Training>Resource Documents webpage.
- ConnectCarolina Homepage: The easiest way to get to the ConnectCarolina homepage (portal) is by going to unc.edu and selecting the ConnectCarolina link at the top of the webpage.
- Post Go-Live Training: Training for financial processes continues! Next week, there are seven (7) trainings for financial users. Check out the post go-live training schedule.
- System Availability: Detailed information about system availability is available at http://ccinfo.unc.edu/getting-help-after-go-live/. ePro 9.1 is available 24/7. ConnectCarolina Finance is available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; and from 7 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday; with a maintenance outage window Sunday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Full 24 hour access is expected to be restored in November.
Resources and Documentation
The ConnectCarolina training team is offering a series of mobile labs across campus for users: open-ended, drop-in sessions to ask ConnectCarolina experts anything. Find out more information about when and where the labs are being held.
Functional: Functional, business process or other general questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Technical: All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.