This Finance Division Daily Update email is for Business Managers, MOU Leads, Finance TIPs, Finance Campus Working Groups and Finance Division staff. Finance will send these daily updates as needed through the go-live and immediate post-go-live periods. Please share with the ConnectCarolina Finance users in your school/division.
- P-Card: A file error that occurred during the transition from the legacy P-Card system to the new P-Card system was causing two things to happen:
- Transactions posted on Sept. 16 appear in both the legacy P-Card system and the new P-Card system resulting in duplication errors.
- Transactions posted on Sept. 15 were not in either system resulting in missing transactions.
Last night this error was fixed. Transactions posted on the Sept. 16 now only appear in the legacy P-Card system, with no duplication in the new P-Card system. Also, transactions posted on Sept. 15 appear in the new P-Card system. While this may seem unusual it had to be done this way because the legacy P-Card system is closed.
- Budgets: The Trust, Trust Expense and Trust Revenue budgets reload for July/August 2014 is complete. OSR budgets have been loaded for Sept. 2014. The association rules have been updated also. This should resolve the missing budgets issue.
- ConnectCarolina Homepage: The easiest way to get to the ConnectCarolina homepage (portal) is by going to http://www.unc.edu/ and selecting the ConnectCarolina link at the top of the webpage.
- Post Go-Live Training: Training continues! Next week, there are seven (7) trainings for financial users. Check out the post go-live training schedule.
- System Availability: Detailed information about system availability is available at http://ccinfo.unc.edu/getting-help-after-go-live/. ePro 9.1 is available 24/7. ConnectCarolina Finance is available 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday – Friday; and from 7 a.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday; with a maintenance outage window Sunday from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. Full 24 hour access is expected to be restored in November.
Resources and Documentation
The ConnectCarolina training team is offering a series of mobile labs across campus for users: open-ended, drop-in sessions to ask ConnectCarolina experts anything. Find out more information about when and where the labs are being held.
Functional: Functional, business process or other general questions – plus any tips you have to offer – can be added to the ConnectCarolina user discussion forums.
Technical: All technical questions should be directed to the Business Systems Help Desk at 919-962-HELP, or submitted via a help ticket online at help.unc.edu (select ConnectCarolina > ConnectCarolina Finance > the appropriate area of concern). Your help ticket will be answered by a team dedicated to working on Finance questions and issues. Business Systems Help Desk hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Suggestions for content can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.