To: Starlight Users
School/Division HR Officers
From: Beverly Wyrick, The Graduate School
Date: July 14, 2014
The purpose of this memorandum is to inform you of upcoming and important changes resulting from the October go-live of ConnectCarolina for Finance and HR/Payroll.
Starlight, the system used to provide Non-service, Tuition, and Fee Awards to students, will undergo a transformation in the coming months. The new system, called GradStar, will be fully integrated into ConnectCarolina. GradStar will depend highly upon Human Resources and Finance systems to function. Critical information such as student appointment data, eligibility for Instate and Tuition Remission awards and the Graduate Student Health Insurance Plan (GSHIP) will derive from these systems. Starlight will continue to be available for summer and fall awards until Sept. 15, 2014. Because the system is complex, it is not possible to say specifically the day that GradStar will be fully functional. It is anticipated that the new system will be in place sometime this December. The first awards in GradStar will be spring 2015.
The Starlight system will be unavailable after Sept. 15. Further actions or entries will not be permitted until sometime around the first week of December.
Between Sept. 15 and December, you will have no capability of providing Non-service, Tuition, or Fee awards to students. It is critical that departments enter all awards into Starlight prior to Sept. 15.
Dates and Deadlines
- Sept. 10 – EPAWeb actions, Check Requests, and InDepth vouchers should be completed to allow time for the upload to Starlight. Individual School/Division deadlines may be earlier.
- Sept. 15 – fall 2014 departmental awards must be entered into Starlight
- Sept. 15– Changes to credit hours that affect the amount of tuition billed to the student must be addressed in Starlight
- November – Training for GradStar begins
- December – GradStar go-live
For questions, please contact me at 919-962-6318 or email@example.com.