To: University Business Managers, Procurement card (Pcard) holders and reconcilers
From: Martha Pendergrass, Director of Procurement Services
Date: October 24, 2011
Beginning today, October 24, 2011, the new Pcard system will be live and available for use.
The new Pcard system will be similar to the one used now, with a change requiring reconcilers to key individual items from a receipt, much like what is done now with the Small Order Process. The system will look and feel like the Small Order Process in the current PeopleSoft implementation.
Why are we switching to a new Pcard system?
- Capturing line-level detail is the first step in the process recommended by the Bain Study and championed by Carolina Counts. Like the Small Order Process, the goal is for the University to strategically negotiate lower prices based on purchases.
- The Pcard system needed to be upgraded to match current banking technology.
Will I need training?
Departmental business processes dictate who needs training, and what kind of training is needed. Attending a demonstration session may be all that is needed for some Pcard holders (users) while others may also be reconcilers and need to attend classroom training or review a CBT. Please speak with your business manager or department chair to determine the appropriate training for you.
Training Options Available
A variety of training options and materials are available to help you get ready:
- Hands-on training: Sign up for a training session. Browse by “Finance Training” to see all the Pcard training dates. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if all sessions are full, and we will add additional sessions.
- Self-paced training: Brief web-based training sessions provide the same content as the hands-on training, but in a compressed format. Sessions are available from this website.
- User guides: New pCard user guides/manuals are available online.
For technical assistance, contact the Help Desk by calling 919-962-HELP or by creating a help request from the UNC website. In the Type of Help Needed field, choose FINANCE CENTRAL from the first drop-down box and choose PURCHASING CARD from the second drop-down box so that your request is routed correctly.