Training and Development
This is the primary source for Finance training.
Other Finance Training
- Chartfield Structure 101 User Guide
- Chartfield String
- Campus Unit (CU) Finance Leads and ConnectCarolina Liaisons
- Accounts to Object Codes List
Upcoming CPE Opportunities
- Date and Time: November 1, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- CPE Credits: Four (4) CPE credits will be offered to North Carolina CPAs
- Cost: $25.
- Location: Service Center of Excellence Eno Conference Room
Check the NC Office of the State Controller site for upcoming CPE opportunities.
To be notified when CPE events are scheduled, email email@example.com.
Links for CPAs
Customer Billing Management
- Customer Billing Management Manual
- Customer Billing Management CBT (see Making Payments section)
- Correcting Posted CBM Charges Instructions
Purchasing Card (P-Card)
The CBTs may display more clearly in the Mozilla Firefox browser than in Internet Explorer or Chrome.
- Initial P-Card Accountholder Training CBT (Accountholders ONLY – 25 min)
- Reconciling P-Card Transactions and Uploading Receipts CBT (ALL WORKS USERS – 25 min)
- Approving P-Card Transactions CBT (Approvers ONLY – 15 min)
Quick Reference Cards (QRCs)
- P-Card Reconciling Transactions QRC
- P-Card Approving Transactions QRC
- P-Card Uploading Receipts QRC
- P-Card Running Reports QRC
“Getting to Know Works” Webinar
Students and Temporary Employees
SHRA Non-Exempt (Time Capture)
SHRA Non-Exempt (Manual Time Entry)
SHRA and EHRA Exempt
TIM Access – Other Devices
Managers and TIM Administrators
- TIM Managers and TIM Administrators Manual
- Classroom Training for New TIM Administrators (Note: This is for TIM Administrators only, not TIM Managers)
- TIM Manager Access: What Managers Need to Know
Core Computer-Based Trainings
Advanced Computer-Based Trainings
Contact the Continuous Improvement and Staff Development Team
Finance and Operations
SCE Continuous Improvement and Staff Development: CB #1930
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1930