The Cash Management unit works with the campus community, banking industry representatives, NC Department of State Treasurer and the NC Office of the State Controller (OSC) on banking and other cash management issues.
The Cash Management unit can help you:
- Administer imprest bank accounts and petty cash funds
- Escheat Outstanding Checks
- Invest in the University money market system for short-term investments: the Temporary Investment Pool (Temp Pool) and the State Treasurer’s Short Term Investment Fund (STIF).
- Manage stop payment orders, reissues and escheats for outstanding University checks
- Monitor cash receipts and disbursements
- Process and record wire transfers of funds for receipts and disbursements.
- Process campus Journal Entries
- Process Graduate Student Health Insurance program
- Policy 1112 – Graduate Student Health Insurance Program (GSHIP) – Eligibility Criteria and Other Provisions of the Health Insurance Plan
- Procedure 1112.1 – Verifying Student Eligibility for GSHIP
- Form – 1112.1.1f – Graduate Student Health Insurance Program Verification of Student Eligibility
- Procedure 1112.2 – Procedure on Enrolling in the Graduate Student Health Insurance Program (GSHIP)
- Procedure 1112.3 – Paying Graduate Students
- Procedure 1112.4 – Paying GSHIP Insurance Premium
- Reconcile Bank Statements
- Request a cash advance
- Section 300 – Cash, Deposits and Petty Cash
- 301 UNC-CH Policy on Cash Management Plan
- 301.1rd UNC-CH Cash Management Plan
See also ConnectCarolina Info: