You must keep UNC-CH Loan Repayment Service informed as any email, mailing address, phone number or name changes.
All of our payments are due on the first business day of each month with or without a statement. The due date cannot be changed.
- Can I access my loan account online?
Yes, you can look at your account balance, make payments, update your address, etc. If you receive monthly statements, your login information is located at the bottom of every statement.You can access your account by going to https://www.ecsi.net. The school code for UNC-Chapel Hill is J6. Your account number is your PID. You may call our office at 919-962-6824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for your password.
- I have entered my account number on the ECSI website. Why does it say the account is not valid?
Make sure you are using your PID for the account number. If this does not fix the issue, make sure your internet browser is Internet Explorer. If you are still having issues, please email us at email@example.com.
- How can I update my address?
You can update your address online by going to https://www.ecsi.net. The school code for UNC-Chapel Hill is J6. Your account number is your PID. You may call our office at 919-962-6824 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for your password.
- I made my payment online through the ECSI website Why is it not appearing in my account?
Payments made online are posted to your loan account the next business day. There is usually a two-day delay in displaying the payment online.
- Will my 1098-E be mailed to me? How do I get it?
You may access your 1098-E form online at https://www.ecsi.net. If you paid more than $600.00 in interest, we will mail your 1098-E form to you or you can access the information online. If you paid less than $600 in interest, it will be available online only.
- When do I start repaying my loan?
It depends on what type of loan you have. The exit interview you complete will show you when repayment begins on the loan(s).
- What is the interest rate on my Perkins loan? Is it a fixed rate?
The interest rate on a Federal Perkins loan is fixed at 5%.
- How is my Perkins loan different from my Stafford/Direct loan (grace period, paid back directly to lender, etc.) ?
UNC-Chapel Hill is the lender on the Federal Perkins Loan and is paid back to UNC-Chapel Hill. Once you drop below half time status as a student, you must complete an exit interview and initially you will have a nine-month grace period before payments begin.
- My account is with a collection agency; how do I contact them?
Please call our office at 919-962-6824 or email us at email@example.com.
- Who do I make my loan payments to and where should the payment be mailed?
Please make sure to include your PID on the payment and make it payable to Loan Repayment Services. It should be mailed to:
Student Accounts & University Receivables
2215 SASB North, CB 1400
450 Ridge Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1400
- I am having difficulty making my loan payments. Is there anything you can do to help me?
Please complete the Request for Forbearance/Hardship/Unemployment form: http://finance.unc.edu/files/2012/11/hardship.pdf. Once we receive the completed paperwork, we will send you a letter letting you know if you have been approved for this type of deferment.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Cash – In person only.
- Checks, Money Order or Cashier’s Checks – please be sure to put your PID on there and make payable to Loan Repayment Services.
- Online – https://www.ecsi.net
- Automatic Bank Draft Withdrawal – to sign up for this option, please complete the following form: http://finance.unc.edu/files/2012/11/loan_draft_form.pdf. At this time, we do not accept credit or debit cards for loan payments.
- How long after I pay my account in full do I get a paid-in-full letter?
Paid in full letters are mailed out approximately 45 to 60 days after the date the loan was paid in full.
- How can I find out if I qualify for loan cancellation?
For Federal Perkins loans only, you can use this table on our loan servicer’s website: http://www.ecsi.net/help/regs_00007.html.
This is a link to our loan cancellation forms (in the Loan Forms section): http://finance.unc.edu/forms/student-accounts-and-university-receivables-forms.
- I will be enrolling at least half time. Do I qualify for a student deferment?
You might qualify for a student deferment. This is a link to our student deferment form: http://finance.unc.edu/files/2012/11/dfform.pdf. You need to complete sections 1-3, and the Registrar at the school you are attending needs to certify section 4.