- To expedite the payments of vendor invoices and reimbursements to individuals accurately.
- To issue payments to obtain all discounts and adhere to the State of North Carolina’s cash management guidelines.
- To respond to customer inquiries promptly and professionally.
- Attract, retain and develop a knowledgeable, productive, and diverse workforce.
- Create a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation, risk taking, communication, and teamwork.
- Communicate actively with customers to create responsive and responsible partnerships that exceed their expectations.
- Complete the revision of the Business Manual so that campus personnel may find answers to policy and procedure questions from their desktops.
- Establish a quarterly “users group” meeting at a campus venue to allow campus document creators to come meet the “experts”, ie; travel, check request, pre-audit, PO invoicing, whereby policies or procedures can be clarified, questions answered, etc.
- Continuously improve service processes to make them more efficient, effective, and user friendly.
- Complete the development of a secure web-based vendor create request for campus use to comply with the State-mandated identity protections.
- Develop an outreach program that provides an environment where Disbursement Services personnel can work with campus personnel from departments with frequent processing errors.
- Protect and creatively enhance the University’s assets.
- Develop and implement an effective post-audit procedure for all disbursements that identifies outliers and areas of potential risk.
- Provide leadership to develop and support University planning.