To provide service to departments in the acquisition of goods and services by providing the means of obtaining needed goods and services based on quantity, quality, services, delivery and competitive market prices.
To ensure that University policies and procedures are properly administered to comply with federal, state, and local guidelines.
To lead in the establishment of purchasing benchmarks for public universities.
- Attract, retain and develop a knowledgeable, productive, and diverse workforce.
- Create a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation, risk taking, communication, and teamwork.
- Develop a comprehensive staff development and new employee training program that fosters growth and success.
- Communicate actively with customers to create responsive and responsible partnerships that exceed their expectations.
- Increase campus visits to access customer needs and expectations.
- Continuously improve service processes to make them more efficient, effective, and user friendly.
- Monitor and eliminate non-value added activity to improve efficiency that better support customer needs.
- Protect and creatively enhance the University’s assets.
- Elicit best practices among peer Universities as a basis for continuous improvement that creates value for the customer.
- Provide leadership to develop and support University planning.
- Develop Supplier Diversity program that enhances relationships with small and historically underutilized businesses that reflects the demographics of the workforce and the University community.